ACCOUNTING & HR MANAGER
The Accounting and HR Manager will support the central administration of the companies by overseeing and implementing all aspects of the finance and human resource strategies. They will supervise and support a full-time coordinator and part-time assistant to manage daily bookkeeping, financial accounts, payroll, and budgets and oversee essential HR functions, including new-employee onboarding, pay and benefits, and employee policies.
The Accounting and HR Manager reports to the Vice President of Operations and has additional support from a consulting CPA firm that handles tax preparation and assists with other financial matters as needed. Candidates should be detail and accuracy focused with a proven background as an Accounting or Finance Manager, Supervisor, or similar role. They should be very capable of directing and supervising the work of others and should be equally adept at working independently and as part of a team.
High Gravity Adventures is a commercial aerial park and Zip Line Tour in Blowing Rock, NC, and is associated with a family of adventure-focused companies under common ownership and leadership. Affiliates include Aerial Adventure Tech, an equipment sales and global distribution company, and Challenge Towers, an industry-leading challenge course, zip line, and aerial park vendor based in the mountains of Western North Carolina. Collectively, these companies enjoy a rich history spanning over 30 years! We take pride in maintaining a dynamic and creative team committed to providing an extremely high level of products and services to our customers.
- Manage the financial operations of the organization
- Ensure quality and accuracy of all accounting practices and reports
- Ensure compliance with tax and other legal requirements
- Develop and maintain budgets and forecast cash flow
- Manage employee payroll and expense reporting
- Develop and implement processes to improve efficiency
- Monitor, analyze, and produce reports summarizing financial health
- Coordinate with 3rd party CPA and similar vendors
- Assist ownership in identifying funding sources and managing investment opportunities
- Maintain compliance with employment laws and regulations
- Develop and implement processes to improve quality and efficiency
- Collaborate with other managers to develop position descriptions and assist in the recruitment of new candidates
- Oversee employee onboarding, and manage employee files, voluntary terminations, and non-voluntary terminations
- Develop and maintain Employee Manuals & training resources
- Manage employee benefits and track company-issued technology resources
- Maintain multi-state corporate registration and reporting
- Notarization of documents
- Manage insurance reporting and audit processes
- Maintain taxes, tags, and titles for motor vehicles
- Maintain general office supply levels
- Education – Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 3+ years of financial and/or accounting experience
- A positive, friendly, and energetic attitude
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Ability to delegate and effectively support team members
- Ability to think strategically and perform independently
- Focuses on solutions, not barriers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn and leverage computer applications
High Gravity Adventures operates March through November and offers a variety of positions in a fun and team-oriented environment for individuals 18 years and older. We seek out passionate, creative, and confident staff committed to providing incredible experiences for our guests no matter the role. Positions include:
- Zip Line Tour Guides
- Adventure Park Operators
- Gear Up/Ground School Instructors
- Customer Service and Sales Coordinators and Representatives
Further opportunities delivering experiential education may be available through our sister organization Blue Ridge Learning Centers.
Interested applicants should have an adventurous spirit, a team-centered and flexible attitude, and a confident and positive demeanor. We expect team members to enthusiastically serve HGA guests and create the positive vibes that help create lifelong memories rooted in adventure. Applicants must be strong communicators who can interact with HGA guests professionally and positively, whether on the phone or in person.
Having experience in challenge courses, aerial parks, or zip lines is a plus but not a requirement. So long as you desire to work hard, are motivated to develop critical skills and competencies, and can positively contribute to the HGA team, we encourage you to apply!