Modified Operations Plan for COVID-19
We are excited to have you join us for outdoor adventure at High Gravity Adventures. The health and safety of our guests and employees is always our top priority and we have implemented new policies and procedures in response to COVID-19.
All employees and guests of High Gravity Adventures will be required to wear face coverings indoors and anytime they are within six (6) feet of another person when outdoors. The following exceptions apply:
1. People with a medical or behavioral condition or disability;
2. Children under the age of 5;
3. When actively eating or drinking;
4. A child whose parent, guardian, or responsible person has been unable to place the face covering safely on the child’s face.
Face coverings are mandatory for all guests and guides participating in the High Altitude Zip Line Tour.
Guest are free to provide their own face covering and complimentary face coverings will be available at no additional cost.
Our enhanced operating plan is based on the most current information, directives, and guidelines from local, state, and federal health officials and relate to following aspects of your visit.
- Individual hygiene
- Management of physical distancing and movement throughout the facility
- Personal protective equipment for employees and guests
In addition to our modified operations plan, we have reduced high-touch surfaces, enhanced our cleaning and disinfecting protocols, and implemented other changes as follows:
- Waiver and photo/video kiosks have been removed. QR codes and links will be available so these can be accessed on personal devices.
- Implement regular and ongoing cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch areas and surfaces and technical equipment.
- Modified operating schedule to allow adequate time for increased cleaning protocols.
- Limiting facility capacity to manage interactions and support appropriate physical distancing.
- Special Events and Birthday Party Packages have been temporarily suspended.
- Limitations to Group Reservations based on schedule and capacity changes.
- Added signs about physical distancing signs and related markers throughout the property.
- Limited two-way traffic throughout the facility.
- Platforms in the Blue Ridge and Foothills Adventure Park are limited to members of the same party.
Before You Arrive
- Familiarize yourself with our COVID-19 modified operations plan.
- We have reduced facility capacity to help support our updated operations plan. We will make every effort to accommodate walk-in guests. To ensure your spot when you want it, we recommend you preregister online.
- Seasons Pass holders are encouraged to preschedule their visit by completing online checkout using the pass holder code or calling us at 828-386-6222.
- The observation deck will be used for staging guests and equipment orientation and will not be open for general use. Non-participating guests are asked to view activities from indicated areas only.
- Complete a waiver for each person in your party before you arrive.
- Complete our self-assessment survey by asking yourself the following questions. If you answer yes to any of these questions, we ask that you reschedule your activity date or select from options found in our updated cancellation policy.
Have you experienced any of the followimng symptoms in the past 48 hours?
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficuluty breathing
- Musicle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomitting
Within the past 14 days, have you been in close physical contact (6 feet or closer for a cumulative total of 15 minutes with:
- Anyone who is known to have laboratory-confirmed COVID-19?
- Anyone who has any symptoms consistent with COVID-19?
Are you isolating or quarantining because you may have been exposed to a person with COVID-19 or are worried that you may be sick with COVID-19?
Are you currently waiting on the results of a COVID-19 test?
Hygiene and Personal Protective Equipment
- We ask that all guests regularly wash hands and apply hand sanitizer especially before and after interacting with high-touch surfaces.
- All employees and guests of High Gravity Adventures will be required to wear face coverings indoors and any time they are within six (6) feet of another person while outdoors. Complimentary masks will be available upon your arrival.
Guest Arrival and Check-In
- Due to schedule and capacity limitation, guests (including Season Pass holders) are strongly encouraged to preregister online for their adventure.
- Waivers should be completed online prior to your arrival.
- Upon arrival, guests will be greeted at our precheck-in location located at the main entrance.
- Our precheck-in host will review policies and procedures and provide you with hand-sanitizer to be applied before entering the building to complete your check-in.
Movement Around the High Gravity Facility
- Physical distancing signs and markers have been placed throughout the property.
- We ask that you minimize proximity to other guests who are not part of your group by keeping a distance of 6ft or more.
- When this cannot be achieved, or where close interaction with our employees is required, we encourage the use of a mask to reduce the risk of droplet-transmission.
- Two-way traffic will be limited in many areas and signs will highlight the new pathways.
- Platforms in the Blue Ridge and Foothills Adventure Park are members from the same party at all times.
We appreciate your cooperation with these policies, and we are happy to speak with you if you have any questions. Feel free to call us at 828-386-6222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org